2007-08-06

Week #9: may the Force be with you

No, we're not making Star Wars shooter yet, although I believe it would be pretty cool. According to our vision, we planned to launch an epizode from this movie in the background of the game. So last weekend I've spent playing around with XWing Starfighter model and tried to make it orbit around space station in random paths. With all my experience in 3D I still have learned it's quite tricky to program such a behavior using only roll and pitch controls of the ship and in the end I still got no result - either my XWing flew away into space or started orbiting very slowly with sudden turn-arounds. Maybe I should have preprogrammed random Bezier curves or even made it orbit around station in regular rotating circles.

---
XWing picture source

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Interesting to know.