2007-06-26

Week #2: birth of the Bot 69

Long weekends ain't for working, right? I wonder where I've lost my time, most probably I was looking for fern-blossom...
Ok, back to PS - here I have a few screenshots of our untextured garbage bot model. Follow the Screenshots link on the right menu to see more bot creation pictures in full size.
Not so much of a progress since last week, but I'm still happy that we already have regular builds (Cruise Control). In the upcomming week I will spend only few hours working and most probably there will be no updates.

3 comments:

AE said...

Why there is so much faces? What PC would be able to render it in real-time?

Shell said...

There aren't many of them, this model has around 50k faces with mesh-smooth applied (it's what you see in the shots). This smoothing modifier can be removed if we experience performance problems.
Exporters can generate various levels of LOD reducing the complexity further. In the windowed test scene I managed to render scene at 50-60 FPS by having a direct look at the model with quite an old system: P4 2.4MHz, GF 4400Ti.

Domino said...

Well, 50k polygons seems to be an enourmous number.. 1000-2000 would be more than enough for this kind of model.